Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Popping a cap on a chimney

On 05/11/14 16:18, David wrote:

Having said all that, I have seen a roofer just displace a few tiles to
provide footholds via the battens and walk all over a roof, just replacing
the tiles afterwards.

That is a common technique - just watch they put the tiles back "right".

All this suggests that we may end up with a cherry picker.
Which is tempting.

And why not...

The hire place should be able to give you an operating lecture and a
demo - they don't want you breaking it either

Although I think they are so full of safety features, it would be hard
to do something dangerous other than plant your face in the side of the
building.