Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default devices of unecessary complexity

zerousair wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I like my Tek 2465A scopes. The newer HP spectrum analyzers
could print the screen, but the setup was six menus deep and it
only worked with a couple HP printers. Engineers would come to
the production floor to ask us to set one up for them.

My son liberated a Tektronix 555 O'scope, with the cart and the breakout adaptors so the modules could be adjusted. Right at 100 firebottles and the thing works perfect. It had sat in an abondoned lab at his college and it must have been maintained regularly by the college for it to work so well. Heats my little antique electronic repair shop nicely. We call it the "Scope-o-saurus".

The 2565A is 350 MHz, four channel. One of my scopes has an IEEE-488
interface, and is rack mounted for ATE applications.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.