Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old lawn mower

wrote in message
Lauson became Tecumseh. I also have one of those tubular framed
sheet
metal decked 24 inch mowers woth the twisted belt and horizontal
shaft
engine. It has 20 inch bicycle tires on the rear - and is self
propelled. When the steel deck corroded through I put on a
stainless
deck. When the old Briggs died 2 years aho I put on a 6.5HP Bolton
(chinese honda clone in blue paint) engine.

I'll have to post pictures of it too. Made in Schreveport La. It had
6BS motor - so that dates IT back to the late fifties Made from '53
'58) I use it every week during the growing season to mow my lawn.

I still use an Eclipse reel mower with a 6BS engine that starts on the
second pull.
-jsw