Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Another job completed

On 11/3/2014 6:52 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:37:12 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 11/3/2014 5:38 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 09:03:28 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 11/3/2014 4:59 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 02 Nov 2014 17:32:55 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Thank you!

She only calls it an entertainment center because he is going to put a
radio of some sort in the bottom cabinet. I would have called it a
display cabinet. She has an Indian temple carving that will sit between
the towers and nick knacks will be in the towers.

If you will notice, the big screen is above the fireplace to the left of
the cabinet.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/15140867902/

OK, then no restrictions. Although above the fireplace can be
uncomfortable, it sees very common.

FWIW this is what I did at our home, good for at least a 90" wide screen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10483001133/

It won't be long that the 90" screen is about $199. I like that
setup.

NO kidding. We waited for what seemed forever several years back to buy
our original wide screen, a 40 incher. We paid less for the 65 inch
internet smart TV model than that 40 inch model.

The price collapse has driven several out of the market and more to
come. My employer will be one of the next to leave the market (it's
already pulling way back). It'll be up to the Koreans and Chinese.
Not really a bad thing, overall, it just is.

An old friend and past neighbor that did quite well in the TV repair
business in the 70's, 80's, 90's, maybe a little past 2000 told me that
95% of all the TV's regardless of brand, for the last 15-20 years, were
pretty much built in China/Asia and or at least a majority of the
components. The so to speak American brands simply had an American name.

Sure, but the Japanese are/were in the middle of the transfer. They're
no longer competitive either. Korea will be next and we'll be left
with China. Again, I don't see it as all bad.

Yes but that was, the Japanese were in the middle a few decades ago.
Regardless those that provide the quality and innovation at an
affordable price will take control of the market.

IMHO once the LCD screens took hold there was no reason for the high
prices. Lap top computers in the late 80's told me the direction that
computer monitors and eventually TV's would eventually go.

There is a rather substantial difference between a computer monitor
and a 90" TV display but, yes, the price collapse is on the same order
as PCs have already seen (and have just about bottomed out).

Well now there is but my first 18.1" NEC monitor in 2001 cost me $1,100.
And yeah, I think the monitors prices probably have bottomed. 27"
monitors going for $300. Remember when a 27" TV, tube type, was
considered huge and much more than $300? LOL