Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brake pedal goes half-way to the floor, only the first time

On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 19:37:50 -0500, J Burns
wrote:

On 11/3/14, 7:07 PM, wrote:
Corrosion in the fittings is, as I noted, a major cause of the
problem.

I see you did. Sometimes I don't comprehend what's in writing in front
of me!

Grease monkeys let calipers hang - real mechanics hang the caliper and
give the hoses some respect. They also use the right tool to clamp the
line to avoid dripping brake fluid everywhere when they remove the
caliper - and use the same clamp for trouble shooting.

If I see a clamp for sale, how can I tell if it's the right tool for
brake lines? The Lisle 22850 Hose Pincher looks like just the ticket,
but how do I know for sure?

The lisle unit is acceptable The SK 7600 series are better.
AMPRO T70547 Hose Pinch is another option. Halfords in Brittain also
sells a similar unit.
The KC 08205 BRAKE HOSE CLAMP is also a good looking unit.

Mine is like this irwin unit:

http://www.wahardware.com.au/special...548000299.html

I've had it for several decades (bought it in the early seventies)