Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fender Passport 150

Leif Neland

What was your bill?
What is the cost of a new one?

** Been in the repair game long enough not to make that sort of mistake.

My bill is well below the price one pays on eBay for similar examples.

Was the customer ensured?

** Not my problem.

What warranty do you offer on the repair?

** Same as ever - that my workmanship was without fault.

No new parts were used.

Will it ruin the show if this speaker dies during a performance?

** That is always a risk, any time you rely on a piece of gear.

In short, while the repair was heroic, I would have turned down the
customer, or at least informed of the risk of future failure.

** A lot of tech may have done that - cos they have simply not my experience with recovering water soaked audio gear.

I have seen and restored far worse.

..... Phil