Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Striping wall paper from plasterboard

"Chris French" wrote in message

And really, the question I was asking was just the one about stripping the
wallpaper of the plasterboard.

The rest of it was extra info, because IME of uk.d-i-y a bald question
tends to get 'why do want to do that' responses as well , sometimes
totally off at tangent replies not really relevant to the situation. So I
try to give bit of background/context for the question.

If you read your OP again, you must admit that the majority of it makes no
sense, except perhaps to you and anyone else who has seen this room.

We have ripped down the plasterboard where tiled as it was a mess. - OK

plan to replace PB and have everything skimmed. - OK

???so have the rest of the walls covered in paper??? - Eh?

alternative: leave paper on, replace PB, not skim and then paper again????
Erm?

there is no feasible way to remove paper from plasterboard without partially
or wholly destroying the face of the plasterboard.
You are really asking 'how does one remove paper that has been glued to
paper without damaging the bottom paper?'