Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (Totally OT question): The effects of extremecold....hypothermia etc

On Friday, 31 October 2014 13:50:43 UTC, Uncle Peter wrote:

Your body is actually very resilient and can adjust blood flow to make heat go anywhere it wants.

Not that resilient, plenty have died from the cold.

I've gone hillwalking barefoot in the snow. My feet go cold and numb at first, then eventually they go red and warm up again.

and then your brain freezes and you post to usenet ;-)

I've never had a problem with my brain not working when I'm cold. Or drunk for that matter, maybe some people have weak brains.

Maybe the problem is not knowing that your brain isn't working.