Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default brush puller What kind of brush?

On 11/1/14, 8:16 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/1/2014 7:53 PM, wrote:

Only time I took out a tree at my place, I used
a sawzall, and a very large number of HF blades.
That dirt and sand mixed in with the roots really
smooths out the saw blade edges.

I liked a pickaxe and a hatchet and a sharp sharpshooter. Dulling a
blade isn't so bad if it's easy to sharpen. I might use a chain saw,
but I'd clean up the root with a brush first.

If I could cut some roots, I could use a chain to yank the stump enough
that I could cut the others.

Sometimes it was easier to cut the stump flush. One way was with a
pickaxe and hatchet. The other was with a shovel, brush, and chain saw.