Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Striping wall paper from plasterboard

I need to strip wallpaper from plasterboard walls. Standard wallpaper,
not vinyl, an inpreinted sort of vertical strip pattern., direct to the
plasterboard, no skim.

No option really, this is the old bathroom I'm turning into bedroom.
Walls mostly plasterboard over lathe and plaster and brick walls (I
assume to get a nice flat surface for tiling?). It was tiled up to about
4 feet all the way round. As I expected trying to remove the tiles left
the plasterboard in such a mess, that we just ripped the lot down.

Plan is to replace the plasterboard. and then get the whole lot skimmed

So have the rest of the walls covered in paper. Any tips on removal?

Steam it and then try to pull off rather than scrape?

The alternative thought is to leave paper on, replace plasterboard , not
skim and then lining paper over the whole lot. But then there is the
messing about with taping/filling/sanding.

--
Chris French