Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default The saga of the wooden San Jose Schools BATHROOM PASS continues

J Burns wrote:
On 11/1/14, 7:19 PM, John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

That sounds like a lot too long to keep students at a desk. Half
hour to 45 mins would make more sense. Need to get up and walk
around. I don't think this sounds practical.

Along those lines...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/.../?wpisrc=pdwmk

Saw this article in other publications too...

Yeah! What was I supposed to do in a 50-minute lecture when my
attention span was under a minute? The fact that lectures were
endless repetition showed that teachers knew we were unable to pay
attention. They were putting us in a position where we had to sit
still and pretend to pay attention all day long.

Each teacher would proudly tell us how many hours we were expected to
spend on daily homework for that class. Add it up, and if you did
nothing but attend classes and do your homework, there might be time
for 4 hours' sleep at night.

It sure seemed abusive to me, but this article says teachers really
are that stupid.

They are all the same, huh? Was that your experience?