Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default The saga of the wooden San Jose Schools BATHROOM PASS continues

Bill wrote, on Sat, 01 Nov 2014 18:19:12 -0400:

Even an hour is a long time for students to listen to a lecture. One
secret to making it work is to include some group activity such as a
worksheet, so that the students are not just (not) listening to a
lecture.

I did help her create some worksheets, as she was unfamiliar with
manipulating Microsoft Office to make graphs.

I ended up making tables, and it took a while to figure out how to make
the boxes the same with and length, and then how to add the x and y axis,
as I couldn't get the tables to "group" with the drawn axis even myself.

In the end, I gave up on Microsoft Word simply because I couldn't get the
non-groupable items to move together, as a single unit, when text was
changed.

So, I opted for PowerPoint, instead of Word, and made a few templates for
her for her worksheets. She put the kids in groups, and they moved the
chairs together (forcing them to stand up) and they worked together.

That gives the kids "some" exercise.