Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Unethical

On 11/1/2014 5:22 PM, wrote:

Lots of things have changed in Florida since then. To start with
"inspector" is not a patronage position these days.
You can't just be the mayor's son in law. You need to be certified and
licensed

But that does not mean you cannot accept tips. My stepfather was a
contractor and did a lot of major remodels and makeovers. His work was
good and always to code. When the inspector came, it was my mother's
job to put an envelope someplace, on a counter, whatever. It was always
gone when he left. This was in a large east coast city that employed
dozens of inspectors.