Chuck

Default Max weight of a bowl?

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:01:23 -0800, "Darren"
wrote:

This helped but it is still fairly
heavy (guessing 15+ lbs).
* How much weight is too much weight? I will be using a Jet 1442 lathe (1
hp).

Assuming your Jet 1442 is constructed at least as well as my Jet Mini,
I can tell you that 15 pounds is not too much weight for it. I've had
pieces of wringing wet elm on my Mini that were 14" long by about 9"
in diameter. Probably in the neighborhood of 20-30 pounds, and I've
done this several times with no problems whatever.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget