Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sharing fixed problem with our telco lines

Are you calling me a liar? I WAS THERE, I SAW IT.

Wow.

I never intended to call you a liar at all, I meant to call you a joker. Really, I thought it was a joke or a not-quite-urban legend.

The story has certainly gotten around. What is even more surprising is that it was 1979 ! Was the thing installed in like the 1940s and never upgraded or anything ?

I guess I stand corrected. I never snopesed it or anything, just assumed it was a joke. Since I had read it on the internet I wasn't even skeptical, really, I simply believed it was a joke all these years.

I hope you don't mind if I snopes it just to make sure you're not pulling my leg... Not lying, but like sending the newbie in the shop to go get a...I forget what it was but it doesn't exist and the techs would always claim someone else has it... You know, a joke.

What's next, aliens tunnelling their way out of area 51 ?