Posted to uk.d-i-y
LumpHammer LumpHammer is offline

Default Multi -tool

On 29/10/2014 18:17, soup wrote:
Have been using the Stanley version but leaving it in the bike pannier
has resulted in it being a bit rusty nothing devastating but enough for
me to get my finger out and get a new one.

Are the Leatherman brand worth the price premium or is there another
brand that has better quality.

Quality is the over riding factor but price will be considered (no
paying three times the price for something that is only [say] 10% better).

I've been carrying a "Leatherman Squirt" in my hill-walking rucksack for
a couple of years. I've rarely used it, but there's no sign of rust
despite the damp conditions, and it appears very well made. It only has
a 40mm blade, but has wire cutters. I bought it after encountering a
sheep trapped in discarded fence wire in a stream on a mountain. Sheep
are not very bright.