Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Do LED bulbs get along with lighted switches?

On 10/31/2014 10:03 AM, N8N wrote:
On Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:37:36 PM UTC-4, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone know if those new LED bulbs get along with
Neon bulb lighted light switches? Do the LED's
twinkle dimly like stars. (My Christmas LED
lights twinkle dimly -- kind of like it. Doesn't
seem to hurt anything.)

Many thanks,
-T

I have one (older, Utilitech) LED and two CFLs over the sink in my bathroom, and the neon-lighted switch seems to be OK with it.

I don't believe that the lighted switches (be they neon, LED, or grain
of wheat bulb illuminated) would enter into the circuit at all. Maybe
they would if it was a three-way switch - not sure.

About the only thing that seems to conflict with alternative light
sources are dimmers and, I think, some timer switches.

I'd love to switch to either LEDs or CFLs if only I could find one whose
light output matches those of the standard warm white bulbs.

I can tolerate some variance from that color temperature but SWMBO is
adamant and we all know that "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody... g