nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

I just bought my first LED bulbs today. Costco had them; a pack of three candelabra base 4.7 watt (40 watt equiv.) for $18.99, but there was a $9 instant rebate paid by Manitoba Hydro, so the bulbs effectively cost about $4 each, or about the same as I'm paying now for candelabra base 9 watt CFL's.

They had the standard Edison medium base bulbs too, but I didn't buy any because those would have worked out to about $11 per bulb, and I have a stock of 13 watt CFL I'd like to go through first.

I was anxious to replace the 9 watt bulbs in the chandelier in my front lobby because those bulbs are a pain to replace. So, I didn't buy the chandelier bulbs to save on my electrical bill; I bought them to largely eliminate the nuisance of having to replace the bulbs in that chandelier.

I haven't installed them yet, but I hope they turn out OK. They're supposed to be good for 25,000 hours, and if I burn them for 10 hours per day, that translates to a life span of about 6 or 7 years.