Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BT Usenet to cease

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
However, it would also seem that the average punter prefers them.

Beacuse they don't know any better? To most "the internet" is just
the world wide web, not everything else that it is used for and
without which our society would immediatly come to a crashing halt.

I think there's more to it than that. I've been subscribed to a few email
groups which were healthy, but superseded by forums. With exactly the same
people subscribing. Both methods need approx the same (lack of) effort to
set up and download. Both can be secure and moderated - or not.

--
*No I haven't stolen it , I'm just a **** driver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.