Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Brake pedal goes half-way to the floor, only the first time

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:50:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 01:25:39 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I've had that happen with a couple of vehicles after I changed the
brake shoes or pads and didn't bleed their cylinders. Bleeding
always stopped the pedal from sinking.

After I bleed brakes, I close all the bleeder screws and pump the
pedal hard a few times. Then I open each screw, and usually no
fluid comes out right away, indicating there was still some air
inside.

Badly adjusted brakes will have a low pedal on first push, and come
up and be firm on second. Poorly bled brakes will come up a bit on
each succuessive push but will never be "firm"

Adjusted? I haven't owned a car with brake shoes in my lifetime. I
doubt Micky's import has shoes. And never seen a disc brake that you
could adjust.