Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Burke Peter Burke is offline

Default Multi -tool

newshound wrote in
o.uk:

The leatherman knife has a rounded end, therefore not very good for
stabbing people. Also, I have always found the scalloped blade fairly
useless, and have never managed to sharpen it effectively even with the
proper tool. I've speculated that these features might be designed to
meet US (or some other?) regulations, does anyone know?

There's a good chance it came the legislation in the original country of
origin/design but I don't know for sure.

I just wanted to point out, as you mention the shape of your blade, that
the UK legal position takes no notice of the pointiness of the blade. It
can look like a bit of cutlery but by the letter of the law you are on a
loser if you come across some jobsworth copper who chooses to write you up
for having a locking blade in the wrong curcumstances (the right
circumstances are very limited).

Again, just for info.

--
Pete