Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How can the same FM station appear at two different spots on the dial?

O Ian Jackson wrote:

You don't change the mechanism for the interference, but because the two
TV channel allocations are where they are, if either was used in your
area you would certainly increase the possibility of interference from
them. However, as I've said, I think it's unusual for the LO to be on
the low side (probably for exactly this reason).

** A man who prefers his ignorant opinions to facts is a complete fool:

The 6AQ8 along with the 12AT7 were the most common tubes used for LOs
in FM tuners from the early 1950s onwards.

http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aav0008.htm

They were invariably used as low side oscillators.

The fact that some what might now be considered 'highly desirable
collectibles' had low-side LOs doesn't mean it became a standard.

** Never said it was "standard" - just quite common.

Proves you are wrong - sonny boy.

Were not several TV channels tucked right under the FM band back then ?

Not the present FM band. However, in the USA FM started life between 42
to 50MHz* but this was essentially experimental. After the war, it was
allocated the present band (87.8-107.9 MHz).

** Huh? What is the relevance of that crap ?

ATC (AM, of course) breaking
through on 97.3MHz (at least on my kitchen radio)!
--

** So that is your only case?

**** off fool.

..... Phil