Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default 40W LED bulbs 2 for $7 at Staples

Robert Green wrote:
"Mayayana" wrote in message
I really just can't see the current enthusiasm over
LED. I thought even less of fluorescent. I've got enough
incandescents to last for years, which I bought dirt
cheap at HD because most people seem to think it's
illegal to use them and therefore won't buy them even
when they're on the store shelf!

Perhaps I'm paying $.50-1.00 more per month for
electricity. I doubt it's even that much.

I noticed the drop in my bill when I switched to CFL's and that's likely to
drop in half again with LEDs. The light looks just about the same as with
an incandescent and I have a dark house that needs a lot of electrical
lighting, especially in the winter. YMMV but unless you're living like a
monk with a single bulb hanging over the kitchen table, CFLs/LEDs will make
more than a 50 cent dent in your bill.

--
Bobby G.

Hi,
I am done converting to LED already. All of them except chandeliers. 40
LED bulbs in all. They are all dimmable, works fine with motion sensor
switch as well. All Philips.