Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Multi -tool

On 30/10/2014 09:57, Nick wrote:
In message , Mike Barnes
writes
snip

The ban is not total, it is for the person in possession of such an
instrument to prove on the balance of probabilities that he/she had
good reason for its possession. It will have to be genuine, for
example, someone back packing across the Lake District may reasonably
be expected to have a knife for the preparation of meals. It will be
far more difficult to justify on the streets of a city or town, but
there will be occasions when someone is genuinely going to a martial
arts sport or scout meeting (which is easily checked).

The penalty for committing this offence is a maximum prison sentence
of four years.
/quote

Just saying.

That's a worry ... I've been carrying a Leatherman Wave round various
government buildings for around 20 years. At the House of Commons they
ask you to put it in a plastic tray while you go through the scanner and
then give it back to you. I'll have to let them know they should arrest
me. At least at the Victoria Passport Office they keep it at the
security desk until you leave.

The leatherman knife has a rounded end, therefore not very good for
stabbing people. Also, I have always found the scalloped blade fairly
useless, and have never managed to sharpen it effectively even with the
proper tool. I've speculated that these features might be designed to
meet US (or some other?) regulations, does anyone know?