Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default 40W LED bulbs 2 for $7 at Staples

On 10/30/2014 06:01 AM, Mayayana wrote:
| My Mom used to know (decades ago, when gas was well
| under a buck) someone who drove across town to save
| ten cents on a bag of potato chips.

It seems to be especially prevalent with people who
lived through the Depression. Saving money on an item
often gives them more pleasure than whatever the item
is. I suppose maybe it's a way of feeling they have
control over unpredictable circumstances.

Hi Mayayana,

I have a customer what will waste billable hours
and $$$ on gas to drive across town to save 10 cents
on a bag of nails. When pointed out the economics
of it, he states that it is the principle that matters.

Then again he has CABDs (Cheap Assed Buzzard
Disease) really bad. (The "B" might not stand
for "Buzzard".)

I won't sell him any parts. I just tell him to
find his best deal. Doesn't save him anything
as he does not account for shipping. And if I
sell the part and it doesn't work, all the labor
and everything else is free to fix the situation.
If he buys the part, he is on the clock for
EVERYTHING. I make much more money his way.
As I said, he has CABDs really bad. It is
the "principle" that matters.

He who spends the least, spends the most.

-T