Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Canon ImageClass D660 internal blinking l.e.d.

junebug1701 wrote:
On Monday, October 27, 2014 1:07:24 PM UTC-5, David Farber wrote:
This Canon ImageClass D660 printer/scanner/fax was subjected to a
power surge. An open neutral line on the customer's street knocked
out a lot of equipment in a lot of homes. I was able to locate the
damaged power supply board by following the fine aroma of charred
components. The result of the damage was that it just needed a few
capacitors and a T4A fuse. I powered it back up and was able to
print a test page ok. However, before I proceed putting this all
back together to check everything else, I noticed that there's an
l.e.d. on the system control(?) board which has an amber l.e.d. that
continuously blinks like a turn signal.
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...inking-led.jpg

Does anyone know if this is normal?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

It's probably a watchdog circuit. Used to indicate proper operation.
If it stops blinking, it means the processor is locked up. Perfectly
normal.

Thanks for that explanation. Everything seems to be working fine. I'll
reassemble it and stop worrying about it. :-)

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA