Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How can the same FM station appear at two different spots on the dial?

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:

Given that the FM band is 20MHz, and twice 10.7 MHz is greater than 20MHz,
if
the LO is above the incoming signal, images would come from stations above
107.9MHz (outside the band).

If the LO were below the incoming signal, you could have in-band images
starting at 98.9MHz.

** Nonsense.
Long as a particular band has less width than double the IF frequency,
no in-band images will occur.

Did you actually read what I wrote? The second sentence says that.

In the third sentence, I said "If the LO were //below// the incoming
signal..."

Do the math: 88.1 minus 10.7 plus 21.4 equals... what? 98.8?

I wasn't the one who brought up the point about having the LO below the
incoming frequency.