Posted to sci.electronics.repair
junebug1701 junebug1701 is offline

Default Canon ImageClass D660 internal blinking l.e.d.

On Monday, October 27, 2014 1:07:24 PM UTC-5, David Farber wrote:
This Canon ImageClass D660 printer/scanner/fax was subjected to a power
surge. An open neutral line on the customer's street knocked out a lot of
equipment in a lot of homes. I was able to locate the damaged power supply
board by following the fine aroma of charred components. The result of the
damage was that it just needed a few capacitors and a T4A fuse. I powered it
back up and was able to print a test page ok. However, before I proceed
putting this all back together to check everything else, I noticed that
there's an l.e.d. on the system control(?) board which has an amber l.e.d.
that continuously blinks like a turn signal.
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...inking-led.jpg

Does anyone know if this is normal?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

It's probably a watchdog circuit. Used to indicate proper operation. If it stops blinking, it means the processor is locked up. Perfectly normal.