Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default We started the 100-foot long 10-foot wide deck high up in theCalifornia redwoods

josephkk wrote, on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:11:45 -0700:

It never was a question about the strength of the trees. It has always
been about the cables and the load.

I would tend to agree, as the big redwood is massive (30 feet in
circumference).
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5607/1...86936bcb_b.jpg

For scale, there's actually a person, wearing blue, in the cargo net
right next to the tree, fixing the blocks for the cable that we later
wrapped around that tree.

BTW, even the little redwoods are not all that little:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3910/1...53fa993e_c.jpg