Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default need water tank telemetry

On 10/29/2014 03:50 PM, Danny D. wrote:
Todd wrote, on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 13:33:15 -0700:

Right now, telemetry is water spraying out the top of the tank.
And you can see it all over the farm. No binoculars needed!

Out here, we have a simple float that turn off the water *before*
the tank is full:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3876/1...4a418e67_b.jpg

On the outside, we have a "visual indicator" of the water level:
https://c3.staticflickr.com/3/2914/1...a36cde37_b.jpg

Then, we have floating weights, that turn off the water before the
tank runs empty, so that there is always 1/3 of a tank for fire.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5480/1...0794c170_c.jpg

The whole thing is controlled by a set of pump controllers:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3906/1...7712c1c3_b.jpg

Then, there is the booster pump to boost the pressure in the house:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3890/1...7a71d615_b.jpg

So, the control is well known (since all tanks have them).
What you need to concentrate on is the telemetry.

Thank you!

Snow is forecast for us on Saturday and Saturday night.
If there is enough power to overcome our Rain Shadow
Effect, you should get drenched!