Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The saga of the wooden San Jose Schools BATHROOM PASS continues

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:11:23 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Mike, I think that you may be overlooking the fact that the kids you
and I went to school with are not the same as the kids of today, at
least note that the dilemma varies by school district, I think.
This sort of reminds me of something a previous boss of mine use to
say: "When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to
remember that your original intention was to drain the swamp!" : )

I don't agree Bill. I don't think the kids are all that different. The
parents and the teachers are a lot different - don't want to hurt the self
esteem of kids, and all that crap.

I don't disagree with you, Mike. You said it all here in your next
sentence. Mom (and dad?)-- and maybe society shares the blame too, isn't
raising the same kids that it used to. Maybe I should say that a baby
is a baby is baby, but what that baby grows into
has changed, on the average, over the years. Of course, the results
vary by school district, along with socio-economic background too.

Raising kids is certainly different but the children themselves
aren't. When I see kids running around a restaurant cutting up
(putting the condiment containers in their mouth, and worse), that's
all on the parents. "Society" has nothing to do with it.

Would anyone argue that today's kids aren't more "sex savvy"? Sex is
practically forced down their throats by the media.

Well, so to speak. ;-) ...but, yes, you're absolutely correct, here.
You have the left, who think this a marvy idea. Children aren't
allowed to be innocent, anymore.

Kids though are still kids. They will
do what they can get away with just like they always have. Today they can
get away with more because adults are not adults these days. Teachers
pamaper kids and parents don't parent. Both are afraid to do anything that
might offend the brat. Too much psychology involved in dealing with kids
today.