Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Garage door opener malfunction

Murph wrote:
My garage door has been working fine up until last week. It will not
work (for the most part) when I am outside. If I am inside it works
fine. Sometimes it will work if I am standing right outside the
door. I have replaced the battery in both remotes and reprogramed
them. Still nothing. The outside keypad works and the inside one
too. It is a 3 yr old liftmaster. Anyone have any ideas before I
make the appointment for a service call?

Is there an exterior antenna wire that might have gotten cut, grounded or
otherwise messed up?