Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Brake pedal goes half-way to the floor, only the first time Stomp

micky posted for all of us...

Brake pedal goes half-way to the floor, only the first time.

Finally driving my car again after it was laid up for 2 months.

I don't think it was like this 3 months ago.

When I first press the brake pedal, it goes half-way, but certainly not
all the way, to the floor, and at t hat point it stops the car very
well. If I press the pedal again within 2 or 3 minutes, it moves very
little before it's stopping the car.

If I wait maybe 15?? minutes, it's like the first sentence in the
previous paragraph.

What's the problem?

Bad master cylinder?

Is this the same car you did the suspension work on? If so you may have
introduced air into the system through cracks in the hose or bulging.
The first step is to top off the master cylinder then bleed the brakes
properly, per manufacturers instructions. If that doesn't work it is
probably the master cylinder, diagnose and repair per manufacturers
instructions. If it has power brakes it may be the booster but IDK your set
up. I have a faulty memory on this subject.

--
Tekkie