Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default We started the 100-foot long 10-foot wide deck high up in theCalifornia redwoods

Oren wrote, on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:22:29 -0700:

What software did you use to make it?
http://i62.tinypic.com/ieeakx.gif

I drew it, by hand, with Kolourpaint, on Linux, which,
according to Wikipedia, is a Microsoft-Paint like drawing app:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KolourPaint

After drawing each line, I just saved the file to a new name,
e.g., drawing01.jpg, drawing02.jpg, drawing03.jpg, etc.

Then, I slapped it all together with this Linux command:
$ convert -delay 50 -loop 0 *.jpg animatedplans.gif

That created this:
http://i62.tinypic.com/ieeakx.gif

The "loop 0" just means loop forever; and the delay is something
like 50 milliseconds between images, I think.

I use this method only because it's trivially simple to do,
so, I'm sure there are *better* ways to make animated drawings.

For example, on Windows, I'd just draw using "Paint.NET" or even
Microsoft Paint. Then, I'd slap it together using one of the
programs described he
How to make animated GIFs, by PC Magazine