Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The saga of the wooden San Jose Schools BATHROOM PASS continues

On 10/28/2014 3:13 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Mike, I think that you may be overlooking the fact that the kids you
and I went to school with are not the same as the kids of today, at
least not the dilemma varies by school district, I think.
This sort of reminds me of something a previous boss of mine use to
say: "When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to
remember that your original intention was to drain the swamp!" : )

I don't agree Bill. I don't think the kids are all that different. The
parents and the teachers are a lot different - don't want to hurt the self
esteem of kids, and all that crap. Kids though are still kids. They will
do what they can get away with just like they always have. Today they can
get away with more because adults are not adults these days. Teachers
pamaper kids and parents don't parent. Both are afraid to do anything that
might offend the brat. Too much psychology involved in dealing with kids
today.

Perzakly Mike. Kids do as they see and are taught. Parents today are
of the generation that believes in unearned entitlement. They don't
know any better and their kids know nothing else. They want to treat
every one the same good or bad. They have lost the wisdom to
distinguish right from wrong.