Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default OT - Swingman and Leon

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 10/27/2014 5:58 PM, John McCoy wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
news:m2m2si$afi$1 @dont-email.me:

Need to know the best place in Houston for a big steak. My son is
there this week.

Seems like you're in the wrong end of Texas for steak. You
should be in Amarillo, or at least Fort Worth.

Is there cattle up there too? '~) Believe me, my family raised
cattle for many decades is south Texas. King Ranch comes to mind...
;~)

I think they hide them better in south Texas. I definately
see more of them when I go across north Texas heading to
Colorado than I do heading across south Texas to Austin.
(I probably see more ostriches than cows near Austin, but
that's sort of a fad).

Anyway, my folks are in Austin, so I don't know much about
Houston, but it seems I've heard Brenners is good (not to
be confused with Brennans, altho that's good food too).

Brennans is damn good and dam expensive Cajun style food.

I've et at the Brennans in New Orleans, which is definately
good (and not cheap). Altho I gather they've had issues and
closed a year or two ago. I don't beleive there's anywhere
in the US which has a greater variety of good restaurants
than New Orleans.

John