Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default We started the 100-foot long 10-foot wide deck high up in theCalifornia redwoods

dpb wrote, on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 21:06:58 -0500:

https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3943/1...a8481615_b.jpg

Where are the supporting cables in the picture--on top or
just hidden by the view?

All the supporting cables are above the deck.

It's a bit hard to see in that picture from below today, but the 3/8"
steel cable is glinting in the sunlight a few feet *above* the deck.
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3943/1...a8481615_b.jpg

The deck is not attached to *anything* other than the cable on the free-
floating end, as we build it out. In fact, while it's hard to tell from
the angle of this picture, but the end of the second 16-foot-long section
is still shy of the leftmost redwood by about a foot, and maybe it's two
feet shy of the right-most redwood tree:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5600/1...a7136264_c.jpg

Here is a picture taken earlier in the day, before we planked the second
16-foot-long section, showing how the 10-foot-wide deck is suspended from
the steel cables (this is the second of the two 16-foot-long sections):
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5601/1...53aa5e3e_c.jpg