Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default We started the 100-foot long 10-foot wide deck high up in theCalifornia redwoods

CRNG wrote, on Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:05:45 -0500:

Good analysis. Unfortunately Danny D and Friends just don't seem to
understand what the effect of the catenary configuration has in
increasing the tension in the cable. I really hope someone convinces
them to have a engineer look at their exact config and do some simple
calcs as you have done above.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond lately.

We had to readjust all the cables today, with a set of 5 winches, as
we had to re-balance everything once the second 16-foot section was
planked.

Unfortunately, I ruined my clothing, as I hadn't expected the oil
to still be soaking wet ... even though it was drying outside for
a day ...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5616/1...c2665284_b.jpg