Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1977 22' Catalina Capri Sailboat - $700 (Marina Del Rey)

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 22:21:39 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 10/26/2014 3:13 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Not all boats are Beaters.

In fact..most of the boats below in the two groups are NOT beaters,
but perfectly good usable boats. Yep..some need lines or a sail
patch..shrug.

Sail PATCH?

Are you for freaking real?

Buy a suit of sail.

Oh my, not in YOUR budget?

Punch a hole in a sail and spend $10 for a roll of sail tape..or spend
$1800 for a new sail. Your choice. As for me...Ill simply put on a
bit of sail tape and keep on sailing. You do know that is a suggested
item in offshore cruising kits right along with flare guns and
PFDs..right?

Personally...that Champaign taste of yours makes you look like an
idiot. But hey....its your bucks. Some good lofts out that that will
make you a nice new sail for lots of money. But hey...you can afford
to rerig every 6 months..so go for it!

As for me...nope...not in my budget. Should it be? Right alongside
mink covered toilet seats too eh?

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke