Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.woodworking
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default We started the 100-foot long 10-foot wide deck high up in theCalifornia redwoods

Danny D. wrote, on Tue, 21 Oct 2014 20:10:10 +0000:

But I plan to have most of the house weight supported by the redwoods,
not by the cable.

We finished rigging up the second 16 foot section, which missed the
next set of redwood trees by about a foot or two.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5611/1...49344c53_b.jpg

Unfortunately, those two redwoods straddling the end of the 32-foot
suspended section are just a tad under ten feet apart.

So, we're gonna have to engineer a slight bevel inward, to squeeze
in between those two trees, and then it's on to the next three or
four 16-foot long 10-feet wide sections, all of which is suspended
by ropes and temporary cables, at the moment, as we build it as we
walk out to the edge...
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3953/1...b58d5ecf_b.jpg