Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Scaling a bookcase

On 10/26/2014 3:41 PM, MJ wrote:

Well, I generally agree (Form follows Function), but in this case this is a full wall system and getting the proportions right would, to me, means getting the right shape to the system. I appreciate your thoughts and I think they will work for me. The depth of the case is immaterial. There is an amount of applied moldings that provide ornament to the case and I don't want it to appear odd. I'll work out the details in Sketchup and see how that goes.

Again, thanks.

MJ

BS. What good is getting the form right if books won't fit? Function
is a must or you have a pretty wood grid on the walls, not bookcases.