Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Phone.

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 06:20:03 +0000, Bod wrote:

Kies was enough to decide me against another Samsung phone!

I lilke the phones/tablets but Kies well I've already given my views
on that... I only use it for Syncing the calendar and contacts
between phone, tablet, Outlook and ancient HP iPAQ which it just
about manages to do reliably.

Just don't use the Kies program, it's really not necessary.

I'm in the process of moving across to ownCloud but the syncing
aspect is "non trivial" WTF can't devices just have a "sync" app
under which you can enter as many server details as you want, set one
as default and away you go using RFC whatever?

--
Cheers
Dave.