Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Phone.

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:06:49 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 25/10/14 22:53, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 21:35:46 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 25/10/14 21:11, Bob Eager wrote:

Kies was enough to decide me against another Samsung phone!

If you get an unbranded phone and don't think Google are Satan's love
child, you really do not need Kies at all IME.

File transfer is trivial via SFTP or USB direct.
Unbranded (ie not carrier branded) mean timely over the air Android
updates from Samsung (unlike Three who never release any updates to my
personal knowledge).

Mine was unbranded. Still not very timely, even if the updates appeared
at all (they gave up after a couple).

I went for a Nexus 5 - very timely updates!

How do you find it - compared on sexiness to comparable Samsungs? I'm
interested in a nice bright display and lots of RAM and decent
processing power I could be persuaded to look wider next time...

I find it really nice. Faster than the old S2, display is good (and big;
I wanted a good one given my vision problems). Being stock Android, I
missed some odd things I had on the S2 but soon found apps to do the job.

I *am* having wi-fi problems with 4.4.4 - both on that and the Nexus 7.
Some apps/sites don't work well...very strange. When I have time I'm
going to roll back to 4.4.2 to see if that fixes it.

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.