Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Phone.

On 26/10/2014 09:04, CB wrote:
On 26/10/2014 08:25, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2014 07:56, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1344108 20141026 062826 Bod wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
If you get an unbranded phone and don't think Google are Satan's love
child, you really do not need Kies at all IME.

File transfer is trivial via SFTP or USB direct.

Can you take me through getting the phone to connect via USB?

(sorry to butt in) You just connect it to the USB socket and it will
show up with any of your other drives on your computer.

Used to be true, but not with latest versions of KitKat.

Oh, I'm glad you told me that, I'll stick with version 4.4.2

Don't believe everything you are told. Nexus 4 with latest KitKat just
plugs in and works like a USB stick on Win 7 and Win 8

I must admit that I was very surprised when he said that. Thanks.