Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Phone.

On 25/10/2014 23:43, Chris French wrote:
Surely there were some iOS updates? iPhones and iPads seem to get
updates for a couple of versions of iOS at least. (my wifes 3GS went up
to iOS6, my daughters 4S runs iOS8 - though I imagine that will be the
last for that. But yes, the original iPad is pretty far behind now (iOS5
I think)

In the beginning - from memory there were a couple of minor updates and
one big one. Then nothing at all.

I simply don't believe that IOS 5 was so perfect that updates would not
have been appropriate on security grounds. (I'd live with the
functionality and gizmos of the old version without much complaint.)

--
Rod