Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default 1977 22' Catalina Capri Sailboat - $700 (Marina Del Rey)

On 10/25/2014 9:21 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 19:37:09 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 10/25/2014 4:00 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Btw.....seen the new Hunter 44?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bod/4726587471.html

Drool......indeed!!

Yeah, we had a Hunter 38 for a while.
It's nice enough, but too big to single hand comfortably.
900 square feet of sail - without the spinnaker.
Just too much boat for a small lake.
And big as a house to boot.

Too much trouble to take it out just to sail for an hour or so.

That's why I we downsized.
Fewer troubles, less expense, more fun.

What size ARE you looking for? First it was the sold keel
Capris...now?

Still interested in a Capri.

We have an O'Day 28, but I'd like to find a Capri 18 or Capri 22 -
wing keel - with trailer - for more that $1000.

I don't have the energy it would take to restore a beater to a beauty.
I've done it before - twice.
It takes a hellofalot more work and money than you think.
At least to meet my standards.
I'm not interested in other people's standards.

It's one of those YMMV things.

You have signed up for my two groups..right?

Nope.
Wrong focus for me.

PJ O'Rourke