Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Harbor Freight Oscillating Tool

"jloomis" wrote
I may have to buy some knock off tools to either give him or keep on hand
when needed....
Borrowing, lending tools is a nasty process.......

I hear you. One of my strategies is to take the tool borrower down to
Harbor Freight. And treat it like a foray into a strange land with tools to
match their budget. There I will buy them a tool and encourage them to buy
a tool. And now the closer. Have some of those famous HF coupon sheets
with you. Give one of them to your guest. When he gets a free flashlight
or set of screwdrivers, it is a life altering experience.

Freebies!! Some people will crawl over broken glass to get to the freebies.
This guy I have been working on these building with is in desperate need for
some flashlights in these buildings. I brought him to Harbor Freight 3
times so far. Gave him a coupon sheet that can be used over and over again.
He ended up with three free flashlights. I ended up with a free headlamp,
flashlight and a parts tray. All useful items. And he is now a convert.
He even bought me a new blade for my oscillating tool.

Remember, these guys need some encouragement. If you can sell them on the
Harbor Freight philosophy, it cuts down considerably on your tools not being
there when you need them.

I am very aware that many tool I need will not be available there. But,
pick and choose. You buy the appropriate tool at the convenient venue at a
livable price point.