Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Harbor Freight Oscillating Tool

On 10/25/2014 2:40 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:
I have read numerous posts here and elsewhere about this tool. It is a
much cheaper version of the tool offered by others but seemed to do
quite well in real world situations. I have thought about getting the
too a number of times, but held off. Then I was pressed into service to
do some repairs around a number of doors on some storage sheds and
garages. I figured it would save some time and bought the variable
speed oscillating tool with some blades.

I have been working for about a week now and it has saved me at least an
hour and a half each day.

The type of tool is a great idea and it works. I bought the HF model
over the high priced brands and I'm glad I did. It has gone missing and
only little tears for the $25 tool versus big tears for a $200 version.

I thought the HF version was serviceable. I bought it for a particular
job and it accomplished it. My question though, would have the Fein,
Boxch, or other brand have done it easier or faster or not have vibrated
my hand as much?

I've not decided yet, but when I need the tool again I may replace it
with a different brand. Or not. Depends on how much it is needed.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...e-test#slide-1