Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Skunk Works Reveals Compact Fusion Reactor Details

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:42:10 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:38:49 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

snip

They're usually quite large and heavy. I hope it drops, though. I'd
truly love to see fusion (and the resultant near free utilities) in my
lifetime. Right, not holding my breath.

If anything beyond "cold fusion" http://tinyurl.com/2mj7q
NIST should test, and if any real potential, a new Manhattan
Project or Project Apollo to develop and deploy should be
undertaken ASAP.

This will be not only economic stimulus/support for the
mis-, non- and under- employed STEM employees, but will help

Oh, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Gotcha.
What about the millions of recently/newly unemployed, too?

support our heavy industries. This also contains the
solution to (among many other problems) the mega-drought in
California that is gradually creeping east, that presents a
serious and rapidly increasing problem to not only the US
food supply, but California employment, by making massive
desalinization and pumping economically justified. Such a
development would also put the US back in the lead of the
technology/engineering race, for at least a few years.

My buddy in Vista just told me that the large desal plant in Carlsbad,
CA is going ahead this year. The Encina Power Plant will be expanded
and some three foot diameter freshwater lines will head out of it. I
haven't yet had time to check that out online, but will soon.
http://tinyurl.com/pprdj6v (There it is.)

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.