Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Skunk Works Reveals Compact Fusion Reactor Details

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:38:49 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

snip

They're usually quite large and heavy. I hope it drops, though. I'd
truly love to see fusion (and the resultant near free utilities) in my
lifetime. Right, not holding my breath.

If anything beyond "cold fusion" http://tinyurl.com/2mj7q
NIST should test, and if any real potential, a new Manhattan
Project or Project Apollo to develop and deploy should be
undertaken ASAP.

This will be not only economic stimulus/support for the
mis-, non- and under- employed STEM employees, but will help
support our heavy industries. This also contains the
solution to (among many other problems) the mega-drought in
California that is gradually creeping east, that presents a
serious and rapidly increasing problem to not only the US
food supply, but California employment, by making massive
desalinization and pumping economically justified. Such a
development would also put the US back in the lead of the
technology/engineering race, for at least a few years.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"